Friday, February 3, 2012

My Natural Story...briefly.






I got my first relaxer when i was about 12 and I just knew my wrap was layyyeeddd! LOL I tried many different hair styles, pretty much everything besides weave. I just never had the attraction to it like everyone else did. My junior year of highschool i cut my hair in like the rihanna/mary j blidge type cut and I lovvveeddd it.

But then i went to college in this small itty bitty town and I was not gonna let anyone do my hair there! So since my mother owns a hair salon back home, she would send me relaxer so i could do my own hair. Well I left it on too lond and burnt my scalp up! so the next break we had to go home, I got micros.

Little did I know, my hair could not handle weave! I have found out now that I am Allergic to it! I had the micros in all of three weeks before my had was in flames!!! My scalp broke out, my face broke out, it was just all bad! So instead of combing the braids out like a normal person, we just cut them all off! Thus, my big chop!!! I cried for like three days straight. Luckily my mothers hair salon specialized in natural hair, so I did okay.Then I discoverd sites like curlynikki.com and blackgirllonghair.com and YOUTUBE. Then I went HHAAAAMMM!!! The more I learned and researched, the more fascinated I became.

I most recently started my own blog and YT channel to hopefully inspire someone else they way I was. Also I just earned my Natural Hair Stylist License in the State of Florida. I specialize in Loc grooming and braid outs/twist outs. I love working in the salon and I love teaching men and women about Natural Hair even more.



1 comment: